Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Connection - Maple Ridge, BC


Dear Friends,

Our family just got back from a quick trip to Manitoba. It was nice to get away and visit my family, some of whom we had not seen for 2 years, it’s just too bad that we had to spend more time driving than visiting J … or so it seems. Although the time was busy with long days and late nights and many kids (my one brother has 4 youth children), it was emotionally refreshing. Hopefully you’ll find me (more) cheerful and ready to go. I also had some time to mull over what we are doing, and how we are doing, and I was able to regain the focus that I believe the Lord wants us to have. I look forward to sharing with you all.

As you know, we’ll be starting the new school year in a few days. (I think some schools are already in action.) So this will be a great time of new beginnings for our church. To that end I want to commit the coming Tuesday and Wednesday (26th & 27th) to fasting and much prayer. If you can join in by either putting aside a solid meal and drink juice instead, or letting go of a luxury (like TV) during part of one of those 2 days that would add a lot of power to our church.

Yours always, John Martens

Visit their website at The Connection


No comments: